Allow me to set the scenario for this true story. I can begin by saying this was an actual incident that occurred to my editor, Anne, last week. I think it is important to understand that Satan never sleeps.
It was a pretty, nice morning. The sun was shining brightly through the blinds. She took her place behind the computer looking for Bible verses that related to my newest blog. The birds were cheerful, their feeder full and it looked like Thanksgiving in the backyard. Every feathered friend had come to partake in the seed-feeding frenzy. The TV was on low as the news can be like a broken record. Concentrating on Bible verses, Her mission was to concentrate on Bible verses, to help the wandering seek comprehension of my message. (What an awesome job she does! Praise God for her hard efforts. Editing and correcting my grammar, I never thought of it as a full-time job, but I guess it really is after all.)
She was going through chapter after chapter, speed reading the verses. Suddenly, a large black shadow swept by, behind her. At first, she thought she imagined things but then a noise – like a door! The hair on her arms stood straight up. What was that?? Her first question was, had Dana returned? Ever present, lingering in her thoughts, the evil power of Satan laid in his wake rebuked. Searching for verses in the name of Jesus, Satan had no power if she was searching for verses in the name of Jesus. So reluctantly he left.
1 Peter 5: 8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
He lies, cheats, steals, and destroys – he was no match when her world revolves around the power of Christ Jesus. And so Satan moved on, finding his way to attack her world through other acquaintances. Helplessly, she was at the mercy of Satan. God was called in the name of Jesus. The meek surrounded, would inherit. You see, Satan lies in every doorway.
She pushed away, knowing what just happened was as real as life itself. Now bombarded, the aftermath surfaced as even siblings tried to rule. Though maybe meek under the eyelids of God, the strength of her soul was like a second wind. Determination had no limits. The only light was the computer screen. Her world caved in…..or did it not??
In the light, a message arose on the computer screen, just as though she was saved from Satan’s powers. Her life was far more important than the orientation of his desires. A calm had then resumed. Looking out at the bird feeder, the flock flew away in Satan’s wake as well. God planted value in her spirit and she regained her composure. Studying her Bible verses, she continued. She turned up the TV as maybe some background noise would be comforting.
Enforcing the word of God, the Bible, and it’s pride, leads us all out of temptation…. at least for those who read it. My readers, you may ask yourself, am I just reading a tale or is this real? Study your Bible, and you will discover that Satan hides within it’s very pages. Personally, I too, have seen his shadow sweep behind me while I would write in my Church pew.
As evil becomes more prevalent, God turns a blind eye, narrowing down his list of followers. It is written the meek will inherit the earth. It’s scripture.
Clues That Satan May Be Lurking In Your Home
There are many signs that evil lives in your home so please consider this small list as partial. If you feel you are afflicted by demonic attacks, it would be advisable to seek the counsel of a pastor of a spirit filled Christ centered church. Keep in mind that you have power over all demonic principalities ‘in the name of Jesus’ once you have accepted Christ as your personal Savior and are covered by His blood.
- Moving and disappearing objects
- Windows or doors opening or closing on their own
- Difficulty swallowing food at a meal after a blessing has been said
- Difficulties in praying and/or reading the Bible
- Nightmares, sometimes together with visions and a strong sense of an evil spirits presence
- Health disorders, especially headaches, stomach and back pains, pressure on the throat, which cannot be diagnosed or cured.
- Sexual deviations and perversions such as perverted sex acts, oral sex, masturbation, prostitution, incest, child abuse, rape.
- A repulsion to the cross
- Ongoing lewd or obscene thoughts. Satan is the ‘lord of filth’.
- Behavior of pets, like they are sensing somebody’s presence (e.g. staring into one place, running away in terror).
- Movement of shadows
- Sudden behavior changes, long-term neglecting of duties around the home, strong personality change
- Sudden coldness in a room
- Addicts and alcoholics eventually have demons as the drugs and alcohol suppress their wills leaving them open for attack.
Luke 10: 17
Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.